No matter the business you engage in, there are winners and losers, those that thrive and those that falter. And today, with so much business being conducted online, the line between success and failure can have a lot to do with how you present yourself and your company to the world.
Fortunately for WordPress users, there are some absolutely fantastic business-based themes that can really bring attention to your good and services. So many choices in fact that everyone should be able to find a design that ideally suits their needs. And many of the best and brightest themes are new for this year, so the chances are good that, if one acts now, there won’t be too much worry that they’ve chosen a theme that has already been done to death.
Here are eight themes to check out for your e-commerce concern—some free, some premium—but all customizable (and mobile-friendly) to help you stand out from the crowd.
- A premium theme for all sorts of business websites, Highend is fully loaded with ready-to-use templates all built around a drag-and-drop page builder design with sliders, icon fonts and more. It also features custom widgets and navigation menus—a nice asset to help people find their way around your site—as well as specially-designed sections to add employee profiles, photo galleries and examples from your company’s portfolio. And like nearly all the themes presented here, it’s WooCommerce-ready out of the box, perfect for those who plan on offering an online store the minute they go live.
- With a very attractive full screen header image and cues for visitors to take definable actions, Atmosphere Pro is built around the premise of lots of open white space for a clean, uncluttered look and feel. It’s also been pre-optimized for speed and performance—another nice aspect of its sleek look—and comes pre-loaded with great images and cutting-edge typography.
- If your biz is a start-up or digital/technology-based company you’re probably looking for a fresh and dynamic theme. Struct comes with a fully-widgetized homepage, a drag-and-drop design builder and customized sections for highlighting services, specific projects, client testimonials and faqs. And the social integration option alone is worth giving it serious consideration.
- For those looking for a truly stylish theme that works for any kind of business, Birch has a parallax slider on the homepage as well as calls-to-action and welcome messages. Like the other themes it has portfolio and testimonial sections as well as multiple choices for sidebars and templates. And set up is a true snap with the unique “simple theme” options panel.
- Another multi-purpose business theme, Montblanc also has a large, full-screen slider on the homepage but features a transparent navigation menu as well as five different page layouts, four header styles and multiple options for designing a portfolio section. A nice demo package gets users started with the drag-and-drop page builder and slider module, it comes with 100 percent WooCommerce support and importing content is quick and easy.
- There’s a good reason so many big-boy companies use the WordPress content management system and themes—and Executive Pro is one of them. With a solid corporate look, the fully widgetized homepage has an oversized slider that allows you to showcase—in a big way—the most important elements of your business. And with some great choices for color schemes and a customizable email newsletter package, your biz will truly stand out as professional and serious.
- Those is the consultant game and financial sectors will love The Advisors, a modern theme that comes with more customizable options than a lot of the others mentioned here. The homepage allows for animations galore as well as slide-in elements, and the services, testimonials, “about,” mission and visions sections are very unique to this design, as is the contact form.
- Lastly, the multi-purpose theme Plum is a nice solid choice for those just starting out in the e-commerce game. Preloaded with unique widgets and a customizable content area as well as CSS animations, it’s incredibly easy to set up and go live, supports WooCommerce and integrates well with social media.